Friday, March 19, 2010

The Pillow Pet Project

Thank you, Nick Jr. or Disney's Playhouse, for gearing your commercials toward children. Ever since the commercials for Pillow Pets came on, Ellison would stop dead in her tracks and be in complete awe, saying how much she wanted a Pillow Pet. It got to the point, and I'm not exaggerating at all, where she actually pitched the concept to me. "Pillow Pets are washable, and it's a full size pillow, and I can put my jammies inside to go to Grandma's house." I think it's fair to say she was REALLY listening to the commercial every time. Anyway, we decided we would introduce the concept of working for something to her. If I had only known how well it would work, I would've made her work for it for 3 months instead of 8 days. OK, so we were just as excited for her to reap the rewards as she was. Anyway, we made a chart for her with 2 categories, and each time she went to bed like a very big girl (without calling for us for non-emergencies, and without getting out of bed needlessly) or she got ready in the morning without any spunking, she would get a sticker to put on her chart. We were having such frustration with both areas until the chart was developed, and it WORKED LIKE A CHARM! She was Pillow Pet owner-bound in no time.
The day arrived when the unicorn Pillow Pet (she immediately decided on the unicorn from the 20+ animals) finally arrived in the mail. We were SOOOO excited!






Explaining to me how to turn the pillow into the animal...



Way to go, Mookie! You did such a great job earning "Unicorn"!

[March 11, 2010]

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Ella and Matthew got these from my mom for christmas and Ella is obsessed with hers!!!