Saturday, October 16, 2010

Nature Walk

After picking up Ellison from school one afternoon, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful cooler weather and go for a nature walk at the Guilford military park. Ellison chose which paths we would take, and we just had a lovely time chatting away, bringing in the month of October.

At one point, she suddenly hollared, "A deer!". And sure enough, there was a fawn SO close to us! We held still for a while and whispered, and the fawn would take turns looking back at us and perusing the the ground. It was even closer than this, but I had to take my time digging for my camera in my purse. It was a fun nature moment for us.



When I told her I wanted to take her picture, she put her hand across her chest and said, "Mom, I'm going to hold my hand like 'pledge allegiance'." She's becoming a little patriotic lately - always excitedly pointing out the American flag when we see one, and likes me to say the "Pledge of Allegiance".
[October 1, 2010]

No comments: